ATEX Certified Fans
Mechatronics offers a range of fan sizes and designs for use in potentially hazardous applications and environments. ATEX Fans are intended for use in equipment or protective systems where potentially explosive atmospheres can occur (as defined by EU directive 2014/34/EU). Mechatronics ATEX Fans are EC Fans (electronically commutated AC fans) made with encapsulated motors rated to IP68. ATEX Rating levels for Mechatronics fans are listed in the table below. Only fans with the ATEX symbol and rating on the label are intended for ATEX applications.
What is ATEX and where are ATEX rated fans used?
Special electric components are required for environments where explosive gasses, vapor-air mixture, or combustible dust is possible in concentrations high enough to cause explosions. ATEX directives were adopted to align the technical requirements for products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. Mechatronics ATEX rated products comply with the directives. All Mechatronics ATEX rated fans are marked with ATEX symbols and markings that indicate protection level and conformity with the directive. The ATEX directives not only define product requirements, but also classify environment zones and equipment categories.
- Environmental Protection encapsulated motor (IP68)
- ATEX certification for use in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with EU directive 2014/34/EU
- Reduced Power Consumption – as much as 50% lower than that of standard AC fan models
- Improved Performance offers higher airflow than standard AC fan models
- Global Voltage options allow fans to operate from 90VAC ~ 265VAC
- Commercial Refrigeration
- Air Conditioning
- Battery Compartments
- Food Processing Equipment
- Freezers & Icemakers
- Heat-Pump Dryers
- Water Heaters
- Industrial Refrigeration
- Chemical Storage
- Oil and gas equipment
- R290, Propane, and other flammable refrigerants
- Food processing equipment