Taiwan Semiconductor, a global supplier of discrete power electronics devices, LED drivers, analog ICs and ESD protection devices, announces the availability of the GBU150x family of standard bridge rectifiers. These GBU-packaged, 15A-rated rectifiers are available with peak repetitive reverse voltage ratings (VRRM) from 600V to 1000V and 1.0ms peak forward surge current (IFSM) of 600A. The highest rated (1KV) device, offered at the same price in production quantities as the others in the family, provides added design margin that can facilitate meeting regulatory standards, such as IEC61000-4-x and IEEE C62.XX ringing waveform requirements, in a wide range of mains-connected power conversion products.
“Since higher-voltage bridge rectifiers typically are more expensive, engineers trained to optimize price and performance will select 600V or 800V PIV devices to achieve cost targets,” said Vice President, TSC Products, Sam Wang. “The GBU1507, with an industry-leading 1000-volt PIV rating, is offered at the same price as the lower-voltage-rated parts in the series. This gives engineers a cost-effective opportunity to adding safety margin for new designs as well as upgrading existing GBU sockets.
The devices in the GBU150x Series provide a number of beneficial features, including:
- Very-High Peak Forward Surge Current – With computing everywhere and electronic lighting replacing electrical lighting, transient and surge survival is a top-of-mind consideration.
- UL-Recognized File # E-326243 – UL-recognized components simplify agency approvals on the customers’ end products, saving time and money.
- Standard GBU Package – Meets or exceeds operational specs of competitive devices; offers drop-in upgrade for existing GBU sockets for requirements from 50 volts to 1000 volts -one part can replace many others -simplifies number of stocked SKU’s and reduces BOM costs.
- Industry-Leading 1000V Rating – Added design margin for universal input supplies – at no added cost.
- Global Materials Compliance – RoHS compliant, halogen-free (per IEC-61249-2-21.
Applications for the GBU150x Series include switch-mode power supplies (SMPS), battery chargers, lighting power supplies, TVs and adapters.
Taiwan Semiconductor, a global supplier of discrete power electronics devices, LED drivers, analog ICs and ESD protection devices, announces the availability of the RS2x family of fast recovery rectifiers. These 2A-rated diodes are available with reverse voltage ratings of 200V and 1 KV, each available in either SOD-128 or Thin SMA package. These two surface mount packages align with standard pc-board solder pads facilitating interchangeability, with the Thin SMA offering a lower profile and the SOD-128 improved thermal dissipation.
“The RS2x Family offers industry leading forward voltage drop, switching speed, low profile and industry standard thermally-efficient packaging,” said Vice President, TSC Products, Sam Wang. “The combination of medium (200V) and high (1KV) ratings and identical performance in a pair of compatible packages enables design efficiency and manufacturing flexibility.”
The RS2x Family provides a number of beneficial features:
- Fast Switching and Reverse Recovery Times – Increases efficiency in a wide range of power electronics designs from medium voltage to high voltage applications, lowers EMI and RFI and simplifies snubber and filtering design.
- Lowest Forward Voltage Drop – Industry-leading maximum Vf (1.06V @ Tj=25°C, Vr=1000V / 1.01V @ Tj=25°C, Vr+200V) improves efficiency and thermal performance.
- AEC-Q Automotive Qualified Versions – All parts in the family meet stringent automotive reliability and performance criteria – Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation is available.
- Global Materials Compliance – RoHS compliant, halogen-free (per IEC-61249-2-21), WEEE, REACH, California Prop. 65, JESD-201 Class 2 Whisker Test and others.
- Small Surface Mount Packages – Ideal for automated placement. Low profile packaging with standard footprint for Thin SMA and thermally efficient SOD-128 packages
Rectification, blocking and freewheeling uses for the RxBS Family include enclosed and open frame power supplies and power electronic conversion systems used in automotive, industrial, telecom-datacom-networking systems, LED lighting, battery charging systems, UPS and inverters.
Taiwan Semiconductor (TSC) holds a leadership position in the diode and rectifier market with a wide range of products from standard, fast, ultrafast, superfast recovery, TVS-transient voltage protection, Zener Schottky, trench Schottky and more. Rectifiers are offered in a wide range of industry standard surface mount as well as through hole packages. Upgraded alternatives to a wide range of commonly used devices are available. Many rectifiers are offered in AEC-Q automotive qualified versions however all products have sub 4 parts per billion quality levels. Applications of TSC rectifier and diode products include industrial, telecom-datacom, consumer electronics, general purpose power supply and power conversion, automotive electronics and more. Rectifier diodes are available from tens of milliamps to tens of amps at a wide range of voltage ranges and technologies. TSC products offer automotive quality and service levels without compromise supported by a global footprint of manufacturing and customer service.
Taiwan Semiconductor Co., Ltd., a global manufacturer of discrete devices (diodes, MOSFETs) and power management ICs, introduces a new series of 45V and 60V Trench Schottky rectifiers in SMPC4.6U package and AEC-Q101 qualified. Samples and products are in stock and available.
The TSUPxM45SH & TSUPxM60SH Schottky rectifiers with a Tj max 175°C offer low leakage current and low forward voltage drop. The series is optimized for automotive applications with low power loss, high efficiency — maximum leakage current is only 20mA at high-temperature operation. The series includes 5A/10A/15A forward current and the maximum VRRM is 45V/60V. All these features are packed into SMPC4.6U (TO-277A compatible) package. SMPC4.6U has a wettable flank package that enhances the solder joint and AOI testability. Designers benefit from a very low profile with a typical height of 1.1mm. The series is RoHS compliant and halogen-free.
- Switching mode power supply (SMPS)
- Lighting application
- On-board DC/DC converter
- Automotive charger
- Reverse polarity protection
Taiwan Semiconductor is a leading supplier of discrete power semiconductor products. TSC’s product portfolio includes power MOSFETs, power rectifiers, TVS/ESD protection, linear and switching voltage regulators, Hall effect sensors, and power control ICs for lighting applications. Taiwan Semiconductor’s wholly owned production facilities in China and Taiwan are fully certified to current automotive and environmental standards including TS16949, ISO9001, and ISO14001.
Littelfuse products are vital components in applications that use electrical energy, from consumer electronics to vehicles and industrial facilities. Littelfuse offers the industry’s broadest and deepest portfolio of circuit protection products, with growing platforms in power control and sensing. We are expanding into adjacent markets as part of our corporate strategy of accelerated organic growth and strategic acquisitions. These markets include power semiconductors, heavy-duty switches, magnetic, optical, electromechanical, and temperature sensors; and products that provide safe control and distribution of electrical power.
Littelfuse Brands Include: Hamlin – Cole Hersee – Symcom/SSAC – Teccor – U.S. Sensor – IXYS