The CO-04-SF and CO-10-SF magnetic field concentrators, are designed for non-intrusive and isolated measurement of electric currents. Thanks to the Clamp-On design, the contact less current sensor can be safely installed without the need to interrupt or cut the cable. Comprised of a soft ferromagnetic shield featuring superior material characteristics such as high linearity and very low hysteresis.
Applications include DC and AC current sensing up to 30 kHz, motor control, battery monitoring, charge control, white goods, and many more. These concentrators were designed to work with and should be paired with Melexis IMC-Hall® planar magnetic field sensor, to create an open loop current measurement system able to measure currents up to ±200 A.
Thanks to its hollow bottom design, the concentrator enables the direct housing of a planar current sensor and its capacitors underneath, thus allowing for a compact and space-saving solution. The concentrator can be directly soldered to the PCB thanks to its 4 through-hole pins, granting a robust and secure hold.
Features & Advantages
- RoHS compliant
- Low hysteresis
- High Permeability
- Hall-Sensor Measurement
- High Linearity up to 200 A
- Temperature Range: 10 to 120 °C
- DC and AC compatible
- Snap-Fit installation
- Nonintrusive sensing
- Small Size, Lightweight
- Excellent output linearity
- Planar PCB installation
CTS’ RF Sensor is a fully-integrated diesel particulate filter sensor and control unit, capable of directly measuring soot and ash levels in the particulate filter and controlling aftertreatment system operation based on filter measurements.
The diesel particulate filter sensor uses low-power radio frequencies (RF) to transmit and receive RF signals through the filter. Soot and ash accumulation levels, as well as filter failure symptoms, can be directly measured by the change in response of the RF signal. The sensor provides additional flexibility to engine and aftertreatment system designers when attempting to meet increasingly stringent emissions regulations and fuel efficiency standards.
The system is uniquely designed for on-vehicle sensing and control with a wide range of applications including passenger cars, trucks, buses, rail, marine, off-road equipment and power generation. Originally developed for diesel particulate filter (DPF) applications, the system is equally applicable for gasoline particulate filter (GPF) applications as well.
Real-time measurements and feedback control based on filter soot and ash levels enable the following benefits for OEM and retrofit applications:
- Reduced engine fuel consumption through optimized regeneration intervals and duration
- Advanced filter diagnostics with powerful particulate filter measurement capabilities on the vehicle
- Decreased warranty claims via more precise feedback control of particulate filter operation
- Lower maintenance costs by measuring ash directly, cleaning the particulate filter only when needed
- Extend component life by minimizing high temperature regenerations
- Reduce system costs by utilizing smaller or less expensive filters via improved sensing
- Faster development times by decreasing the resources needed for particulate filter calibration
Specific benefits and system advantages depend upon a number of factors, including baseline application and after-treatment architecture and control strategy.
Building on decades of experience in controls, the Series 286 Multi-Turn Hall-Effect Position Sensor provides solid, reliable CTS performance, with added multi-turn capability. The 286 is designed for demanding uses in industrial, transportation, medical and other areas and is ideal for custom applications.
- Up to 10 turns with 3600°
- Non-contacting Hall Effect technology
- 10M cycles of rotational life
- Precision linearity & hysteresis
- Wide operating temperature range
- IP67 rated
- Internal shielding standard
- Provides higher range of positional data
- No physical contacts to wear out
- Extended field deployment
- Allows precise position sensing
- Suitable for use in cold or hot environments
- Impervious to dust and moisture
- Protection against EMI
- Process automation
- Material handling
- Valve control
- Portable ultrasound
- Patient mobility
- 2-wheel throttle
- 3- and 4-wheel offroad
- Agriculture vehicle
CTS Corporation – Your Partner in Smart Solutions, founded in 1896, is a leading designer and manufacturer of components that help Sense, Connect, and Move your product designs, including encoders, rotary position sensors, potentiometers, DIP switches, tactile switches, EMI/RFI Filters, frequency control, RF filters, and capacitors or resistors. CTS focuses on providing advanced technology, exceptional customer service, and superior value to global partners by supplying OEMs in the aerospace, communications, defense, industrial, information technology, medical, and transportation markets. CTS aims to be at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity, and motion solutions for the creation and advancement of products and services around the world.
Honeywell Intelligent Particulate Matter sensor (IPM Series) is a laser-based sensor that detects and measures particle concentration using light scattering for monitoring air quality.
The detection concentration range is 0 mg/m3 to 1,000 mg/m3. A laser light source illuminates a particle as it is pulled through the detection chamber. As particles pass through the laser beam, the light reflects off the particles and is recorded on the photo or light detector. The light is then analyzed and converted to an electrical signal to calculate particle concentration.
During the production calibration process, the sensor records the original laser light intensity parameters and fan speed. The calibration algorithm is applied to the sensor output to minimize sensor drift and improve accuracy over the sensor’s lifetime. This self calibration occurs on each power-on cycle.
Value to Customers
- Detects particles ranging from 0.3 mm to 10 mm
- Enables enhanced accuracy and cost-competitive monitoring or control of environmental particulate
- Enhanced response time of <6 seconds and data update time of 1 second allows the IPM Series to respond to environmental conditions in near real time
- Robust metal design allows for use in harsh environments
- Highly accurate particle measurement of (±10 mg/m3) with calibrated sensor outputs
- Low current consumption of 50 mA (typical) and option to provide (~1.5 mA) ensuring suitability for battery-powered applications
- Intelligent Self Calibration through a built-in algorithm to compensate for sensor drift over lifetime
- Super sleek and robust design achieved through metal housing
- Flexibility in outputs – two digital: I2C and UART, and one analog: PWM
- Laser-based (class 1) particle light scattering particle sensing
- Concentration range: 0 mg/m3 to 1,000 mg/m3
- Long life of up to 8 years with continuous operation
- Factory calibrated
- RoHS & REACH compliant
- Air quality monitors (indoors and outdoors)
- Air purifiers (commercial and residential)
- Automotive cabin air purifiers
- HVAC (commercial and residential)
The BAS Series are automotive-grade aerosol sensors that use the principle of light scattering to detect and report thermal runaway events in lithium-ion battery packs. It detects the presence and concentration of aerosols such as smoke, liquid and debris that are early indicators of a thermal runaway event in an enclosed lithium-ion battery pack.
The BAS Series measures and reports aerosol concentration from 200 µg/m3 to 10000 µg/m3 using CAN (Controller Area Network) communication protocol. They have a factory-programmed, thermal runaway warning threshold of 5000 µg/m3. These products are designed to meet higher quality and reliability requirements. The BAS series is RoHS compliant.
- High accuracy and low temperature drift
- CAN communication protocol
- Wake-up output and request input for high reliability system integration
- Aerosol threshold value of 5000 µg/m3 allows early detection of thermal runaway events
- ECO Mode: The sensor operates in ECO Mode when the request pin voltage is set to low. The sensor wakes up for 200 ms and hibernates for the remaining 12000 ms (typical) to reduce power consumption during each measurement cycle of 12200 ms (default value). In ECO Mode, CAN communication is disabled. If the sensor detects an aerosol concentration above the set threshold, a wake-up signal is sent to the BMS (Battery Management System) to initiate a full battery system check.
- Continuous Mode: The sensor operates in Continuous Mode when the request pin voltage is set to high by the BMS. CAN communication is enabled in Continuous Mode. In Continuous Mode, the sensor monitors and outputs the aerosol concentration to the BMS using CAN communication. The sensor may be switched to ECO Mode by setting the request pin voltage to low.
Value to Customers
- Early detection of thermal runaway has the potential to mitigate the loss of life and property
- The ECO mode enables continuous system monitoring in low power mode
- Thermal runaway detection sensor allows compliance with international regulations and recommendations
- Solutions may be tailored to exact specifications for improved time to market
- Lower total system cost and enhanced reliability
Light Convergent Reflective Type for Reduced Color and Material Susceptibility Reliable Detection of Shiny, Black or Transparent objects
- Robustness of color
- Stable detection of shiny, black or transparent objects
- Unaffected by backgrounds, meaning only the intended object is sensed accurately.
- Robustness of the distance
- A wide sensing range to allow object shifting
- Robust design resistant to ambient lights
- Analog voltage output and digital output models are available
- 55 mm and 10 mm sensing distances are available
- Analytical instruments
- Coffee machines
- Vending machines
- Food manufacturing equipment
- Sanitation equipment
- Dental equipment
- Packaging machines in medical
- Printing equipment
- Robot material handling equipment
- Automated test equipment (ATE)
- Picking purpose
The ABP2 Series are piezoresistive silicon pressure sensors offering a digital output for reading pressure over the specified full scale pressure span and temperature range. They are calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects and accuracy errors (which include non-linearity, repeatability and hysteresis) using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). Calibrated output values for pressure and temperature are updated at approximately 200 Hz. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards. The liquid media option includes an additional silicone-based gel coating to protect the electronics under port P1, which enables use with non-corrosive liquids (e.g. water and saline) and in applications where condensation can occur. The ABP2 Series is available in tube packaging. Pocket tape and reel packaging is available upon request.
- Total Error Band (see Figure 1): As low as ±1.5 %FSS
- Liquid media option: Compatible with a variety of liquid media
- Long-term stability: ±0.25 %FSS
- Accuracy: ±0.25 %FSS BFSL
- Wide pressure range: 4 bar to 12 bar | 400 kPa to 1.2 MPa | 60 psi to 175 psi
- High burst pressures (see Table 9.)
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to 110°C [-40°F to 230°F]
- Calibrated over wide temperature range of -40°C to 110°C [-40°F to 230°F]
- 24-bit digital I2C or SPI-compatible output
- IoT (Internet of Things) ready interface
- Ultra-low power consumption (as low as 0.01 mW typ. average power, 1 Hz measurement frequency)
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020E Moisture Sensitivity Level 1
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Food grade compatible
- NSF-169, LFGB and BPA compliant materials
- Temperature output available
- Medical: Ventilators/portable ventilators, CPAP, blood analysis, blood pressure monitoring, breast pumps, drug dosing, hospital beds, massage machines, oxygen concentrators, patient monitoring, sleep apnea equipment, urine analyzers and wound therapy
- Industrial: HVAC transmitters, life sciences, material handling, pneumatic control and regulation, process gas monitoring and valve positioning/positioners
- Commercial: Air beds, coffee makers, washing machines, level measurement, dish washers, vacuum cleaners, hand dryers and rice cookers
- Transportation: Air brakes, CNG monitoring, fork lifts and fuel level measurement
The OPB350 series liquid sensor is designed to work with 1/16” [1.6mm] 1/8” [3.2mm], 3/16” [4.8 mm] and 1/4” [6.3 mm] outside diameter clear tubes. When output reference circuitry is added, multiple output states such as “fluid present,” “no fluid present” and “no tube present” can be recognized.
Clear liquid present causes the phototransistor to sink the maximum current, while dark liquid present causes it to sink the minimum current. As bubbles pass through the tube, the signal will vary between the “liquid present” and “no liquid” states. If no tube is present, the phototransistor sinks current between the dark fluid and clear fluid states. The customer will have to identify the typical current values for each situation. The ratio between the different states allows acknowledgement of different conditions.
- Can identify if liquid is present in clear tubes that have an outside diameter of 1/16” [1.6mm], 1/8″ [3.2mm], 3/16″ [4.8 mm] or 1/4″ [6.3 mm]
- Opaque plastic housing enhances ambient light rejection
- Printed circuit board mounting or 24” (610 mm) 26 AWG wires
- Non-contact fluid sensing
- IV fluid
- Oils and other petroleum products
- Colored fluids
- Toner fluids