GBU150x Family Bridge Rectifiers
Taiwan Semiconductor, a global supplier of discrete power electronics devices, LED drivers, analog ICs and ESD protection devices, announces the availability of the GBU150x family of standard bridge rectifiers. These GBU-packaged, 15A-rated rectifiers are available with peak repetitive reverse voltage ratings (VRRM) from 600V to 1000V and 1.0ms peak forward surge current (IFSM) of 600A. The highest rated (1KV) device, offered at the same price in production quantities as the others in the family, provides added design margin that can facilitate meeting regulatory standards, such as IEC61000-4-x and IEEE C62.XX ringing waveform requirements, in a wide range of mains-connected power conversion products.
“Since higher-voltage bridge rectifiers typically are more expensive, engineers trained to optimize price and performance will select 600V or 800V PIV devices to achieve cost targets,” said Vice President, TSC Products, Sam Wang. “The GBU1507, with an industry-leading 1000-volt PIV rating, is offered at the same price as the lower-voltage-rated parts in the series. This gives engineers a cost-effective opportunity to adding safety margin for new designs as well as upgrading existing GBU sockets.
The devices in the GBU150x Series provide a number of beneficial features, including:
- Very-High Peak Forward Surge Current – With computing everywhere and electronic lighting replacing electrical lighting, transient and surge survival is a top-of-mind consideration.
- UL-Recognized File # E-326243 – UL-recognized components simplify agency approvals on the customers’ end products, saving time and money.
- Standard GBU Package – Meets or exceeds operational specs of competitive devices; offers drop-in upgrade for existing GBU sockets for requirements from 50 volts to 1000 volts -one part can replace many others -simplifies number of stocked SKU’s and reduces BOM costs.
- Industry-Leading 1000V Rating – Added design margin for universal input supplies – at no added cost.
- Global Materials Compliance – RoHS compliant, halogen-free (per IEC-61249-2-21.
Applications for the GBU150x Series include switch-mode power supplies (SMPS), battery chargers, lighting power supplies, TVs and adapters.