HWB18 Series – Hard Wired PDM – DC Power Distribution Modules
Ideal for use as the main unit on small vehicles or for accessory circuits and overflow circuits from your main power distribution module (PDM), the compact HWB18 Hard-Wired Waterproof DC Power Distribution Box accepts MINI® fuses, MINI® circuit breakers, MCASE™ fuses (adapter required; sold separately), 4-pin single-pole, single-throw (SPST) relays, and 5-pin single- pole, double-throw (SPDT) relays.
This hard-wired PDM allows you to customize your own circuitry utilizing direct wire-to-component connections which are crimped to the wire harness with grommets to seal the bottom of the module. Terminal position assurance (TPA) locks offer secondary protection to keep the wires in place. The HWB’18 series uses Delphi Metri-Pack 280 terminals, cable seals, and cavity plugs (sold separately).
Featuring a black cover with a gasket, this dust-tight, waterproof power distribution box carries an IP67/IP69K rating, and it features latches that keep the cover securely in place. The base and cover accept a tether (873-680; not included) that helps prevent loss of the cover during service.
Features & Benefits
- Holds nine MINI® fuses or a combination of MINI® fuses, MINI? circuit breakers, MCASE™ fuses (adapter required; sold separately), 4-pin single-pole, single-throw (SPST) relays, and 5-pin single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) relays
- Maximum total continuous current rating of 100 A @ 23 °C and 70 A @ 85 °C
- Black cover is sealed with a gasket to an IP67/IP69K rating to deliver a waterproof power distribution box that’s safeguarded from dust, moisture, and debris
- Available with TPAs to help prevent disconnection of wires due to vibration and accidental snagging
- Optional foam pad available on the inside of the cover for relay retention
- Thermoplastic base and cover with a UL 94 V-0 flammability rating
- UL certification means it can be used as a component in material handling and electric-battery-powered industrial truck applications with confidence that it meets the requirements of UL 583 standards
- Work Trucks and Specialty Equipment
- Emergency Vehicles
- Construction Site Support Equipment
- Oil and Gas Drilling Equipment
- Marine Vehicles and Equipment
Click here for a datasheet.