Honeywell Intelligent Particulate Matter sensor (IPM Series) is a laser-based sensor that detects and measures particle concentration using light scattering for monitoring air quality.
The detection concentration range is 0 mg/m3 to 1,000 mg/m3. A laser light source illuminates a particle as it is pulled through the detection chamber. As particles pass through the laser beam, the light reflects off the particles and is recorded on the photo or light detector. The light is then analyzed and converted to an electrical signal to calculate particle concentration.
During the production calibration process, the sensor records the original laser light intensity parameters and fan speed. The calibration algorithm is applied to the sensor output to minimize sensor drift and improve accuracy over the sensor’s lifetime. This self calibration occurs on each power-on cycle.
Value to Customers
- Detects particles ranging from 0.3 mm to 10 mm
- Enables enhanced accuracy and cost-competitive monitoring or control of environmental particulate
- Enhanced response time of <6 seconds and data update time of 1 second allows the IPM Series to respond to environmental conditions in near real time
- Robust metal design allows for use in harsh environments
- Highly accurate particle measurement of (±10 mg/m3) with calibrated sensor outputs
- Low current consumption of 50 mA (typical) and option to provide (~1.5 mA) ensuring suitability for battery-powered applications
- Intelligent Self Calibration through a built-in algorithm to compensate for sensor drift over lifetime
- Super sleek and robust design achieved through metal housing
- Flexibility in outputs – two digital: I2C and UART, and one analog: PWM
- Laser-based (class 1) particle light scattering particle sensing
- Concentration range: 0 mg/m3 to 1,000 mg/m3
- Long life of up to 8 years with continuous operation
- Factory calibrated
- RoHS & REACH compliant
- Air quality monitors (indoors and outdoors)
- Air purifiers (commercial and residential)
- Automotive cabin air purifiers
- HVAC (commercial and residential)