1555F Series – Type 4X, 6P Enclosures
- Designed for harsh industrial environments or outdoor applications (security, outdoor wireless, controls etc. etc.)
- Ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards, panels or DIN rail mounted components.
- Designed for wall mounting. Interior is secure as lid screws are behind the lid. Can be made more secure if wall mounted with security screws (tamper resistant screws).
- Satin texture finish with smooth recessed surface on lid for a membrane keypad or label
- Standoffs molded in the interior of the lid & enclosure – designed for #4 x 1/4” self tapping screws (our part number 1555TS100)
- Choice of two materials:
- General purpose ABS plastic (material carries a UL flammability rating of UL94 HB). Not recommended for outdoor use.
- Polycarbonate (material carries a UL flammability rating of UL94 5VA @ 3mm) – Recommended for outdoor use
- Color is a light gray (RAL 7035) to help keep heat absorption down.
- Gasketed lid with two piece “tongue & groove” construction provides protection against access of oil, dust and water.
- Gasket is one piece made from high temperature, U.L. listed silicone. Supplied loose inside the enclosure (not pre-installed).
- Polycarb versions are designed to meet NEMA Type 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12 & 13 ratings which meet and exceed IP ratings up to and including IP68.
- ABS Plastic versions are designed to meet IP66.
- Polycarbonate version is UL 508A listed (File # E65324).
- Lid is secured with included M4 stainless steel machine screws which are threaded into corrosion resistant bushings for repetitive assembly & disassembly. All hardware is designed to avoid corrosion caused by harsh environments over time.
- Internal features are maximized for mounting options and vary with size:
- Internal DIN rail mounting tabs molded into lid (except smaller 1555CF22 & 1555CF42 enclosures).
- Standoffs (#6 self tapping screws) for P.C. board or inner panel
– Cover features a smooth recessed area perfect for membrane keypads or labels. Base features robust mounting flanges capable of withstanding abuse.
– Galvanized steel inner panels are available.
– Internal features include mounting bosses for PC boards or inner panels. DIN rail mounting locations on all but size “C” models. Silicone gasket with tongue and grooves construction provides a water-tight seal.