RS2x Family Rectifiers
Taiwan Semiconductor, a global supplier of discrete power electronics devices, LED drivers, analog ICs and ESD protection devices, announces the availability of the RS2x family of fast recovery rectifiers. These 2A-rated diodes are available with reverse voltage ratings of 200V and 1 KV, each available in either SOD-128 or Thin SMA package. These two surface mount packages align with standard pc-board solder pads facilitating interchangeability, with the Thin SMA offering a lower profile and the SOD-128 improved thermal dissipation.
“The RS2x Family offers industry leading forward voltage drop, switching speed, low profile and industry standard thermally-efficient packaging,” said Vice President, TSC Products, Sam Wang. “The combination of medium (200V) and high (1KV) ratings and identical performance in a pair of compatible packages enables design efficiency and manufacturing flexibility.”
The RS2x Family provides a number of beneficial features:
- Fast Switching and Reverse Recovery Times – Increases efficiency in a wide range of power electronics designs from medium voltage to high voltage applications, lowers EMI and RFI and simplifies snubber and filtering design.
- Lowest Forward Voltage Drop – Industry-leading maximum Vf (1.06V @ Tj=25°C, Vr=1000V / 1.01V @ Tj=25°C, Vr+200V) improves efficiency and thermal performance.
- AEC-Q Automotive Qualified Versions – All parts in the family meet stringent automotive reliability and performance criteria – Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation is available.
- Global Materials Compliance – RoHS compliant, halogen-free (per IEC-61249-2-21), WEEE, REACH, California Prop. 65, JESD-201 Class 2 Whisker Test and others.
- Small Surface Mount Packages – Ideal for automated placement. Low profile packaging with standard footprint for Thin SMA and thermally efficient SOD-128 packages
Rectification, blocking and freewheeling uses for the RxBS Family include enclosed and open frame power supplies and power electronic conversion systems used in automotive, industrial, telecom-datacom-networking systems, LED lighting, battery charging systems, UPS and inverters.